Tuesday, December 10, 2013

  Today was a long , drawn out day left here before 10AM and just got home at 7:30 PM . Our older son has been trying to get his unemployment started for almost a month now , with conflicting instructions from the 2 states involved . We dropped him off at IDES , 60 mile trip since our Governor closed many local offices . Then we went to Target to pick up a hard-to-find toy our daughter wanted for our grandson . Stopped at Goodwill looking for ugly sweaters , tons of $3 sweaters , no ugly ones . Back at the U.O. , his number is 49 , they are serving #32 . My widowed sister is there waiting on her friend , so we had a pleasant visit while sitting in the parking lot . They had been there longer than us , his number was 46 . We had gotten there about 11:30 , but there was only one person receiving and directing clients . At around 15 minutes between numbers being called , I didn't know if our son would be seen before they closed at 4 . He finally came out at 5 til 4 , and still doesn't know if Mo. will pay his benefits , or Il. . Closing offices , and laying off or encouraging early retirement (force reduction by attrition) has resulted in additional hardship for working people who already have it tough . When I went in to use the restroom , a wastecan  , and a spare , to catch waste from a leaking urinal drain trap . This Governor may not be tainted by corruption , but he is totally lacking in common sense , compassion , and communication skills . I hope someone who can make positive changes is being groomed to occupy the Mansion . Let's not have any delusions that the big issues are not settled behind closed doors , over whisky and cigars , or whatever has taken the place of those vices . Especially , who will be the next Golden Boy .
  After leaving , we had a nice buffet meal along the way . My plans to set a personal smorgasbord record were thrown off by not having eaten in 16 hours . The best I could manage was 4 plates , but to my credit I didn't skimp , and I don't leave scraps , excepting bone or husk . We then went a short bit out of the way to visit my aunt and cousin , her middle son , who has been my trusted companion on many an adventure , which I am sure will be covered in a future post . After this , it was back south to take our son to Nurse Ratched's , where he stays now when he's not working . Another tiny river town where I once whiled away a large part of my twenties . Back home , boots off , work station on , and back to babbling semi-contentedly to my readers .
  Speaking of readers , thank you all for taking time from your busy lives to consume the thoughts that survive the hurricane here in my head . I truly hope you find some thing here that entertains , or informs , or incites you . Sometimes I slack off on participating in this , but when it flows , as it has tonight , it can be very therapeutic . Again , thank you all , may good things happen in your lives , and may God bless you richly .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .