Wednesday, December 18, 2013

  I may be late , but here I am . To continue on the subject of racism , as long as uncontrolled greed rules the hearts of men , they will try to maximize their income by limiting the power of others . Racism is generally denied these days , because of occasional repercussions . However , in practice , the limitation of the power and voice of "colored" peoples is quite effective in maintaining the racist's status quo . When we assert , whether openly or covertly , that the "other" is evil , or lazy , or dull , we expand and increase fear and anxiety in ourselves as well as in others . This process , fueled by greed and abetted by a desire to control the "others" , becomes self fulfilling if not decried by those of us who know right from wrong . As I have observed in my own life , racism springs from neither nature or nurture , but from lack of courage and compassion of the soul . In other words , once you know the facts and observe the action , to continue to be bigoted is a character flaw of a high order . I still occasionally am surprised by racist thoughts of my own , and I chastise myself after , as I know and believe all are created equal in God's eyes . None greater or lesser than another , unless they strive to make themselves less .
  Now , down off the spiritual soapbox and into my own mundane universe , where chicken helper is a nutritious meal we all eat and enjoy . A can of corn on the side , wheat bread and butter , very "comfort" . For a late snack , hawiian sub rolls cubed and toasted under the broiler , with dill dip from the deli . Quite tasty if you like that sort of thing . Any way , don't be a hater or a destroyer , treat each other well , buenos noches , and trust in the Lord our God .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .