Thursday, December 5, 2013

  Second post of today , it's been a while since I've done this . Going to do inside projects and enjoy the storm as much as is possible . It has gotten me into more of a Christmas season mood , but I don't need the music until about the 22nd of the month . It has been steady snow since about 5 , the state's plow trucks are out but it doesn't appear to be making much difference on the highway in front of my house . It's quarter after 8 and in the middle of this sentence I stepped out back and took readings . It's 21 degrees , and we have 3-1/2 in. of snow on top of 1/2" of sleet on .2" of ice . We will just continue to observe and relax , and pray all make it home safe from their travels . At 11:30 pm , it is still coming down steadily . We now have 5" on the ground , drifting in places to double that . My mercury thermometer , mounted to a post in the open yard , 20' from the house , still says 21 , both of the digitals say 23 , and the bimetal unit on the front (north) porch is on the low edge of the 20 mark . As this is predicted to continue until tomorrow evening , intensifying in the morning , it could get truly bad . As long as all I have to get out of the house for is to shovel sidewalks , and the lights stay on , I can't complain . Good night , stay safe , God bless , and we shall continue tomorrow .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .