Friday, December 6, 2013

  Slept about 3 or 4 hours , woke up to more of the same . We have about a foot on the ground , and it's 22 degrees outdoors . The drifts I can see from home are 3 feet or more , all my vehicles are drifted to the tops of the tires , and the Chrysler sedan I have parked across the highway is drifted to hood level . Before I lay down this AM we had a good breakfast of sausages and home made waffles . For lunch we had broccoli and cheddar soup from scratch . Comfort food on a stay indoors snow day . It's still snowing steadily but is now finer , drier flakes . When this ends this evening we get a short respite until Sunday when it starts again . Of course it's forecast to drop to single digit temps tonight . 6PM and I went out to clean off the car windows so I can drive our friends home . They walked the 4 long blocks up here to buy cigarettes , which is difficult in knee deep snow . It stopped around 4PM , and removal crews are making progress on the main roads . Our son shoveled the front walk , and I did the back stoop , but I'll wait until morning to finish . My wife doesn't want me to shovel at all , but when I use common sense I don't have any problems . At 7:30 it is 16 degrees out front . About 10 I drove our visitors home , the rods were plowed but still pretty nasty , didn't have a problem till I got home , quickly resolved . Good night , God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .