Thursday, December 5, 2013

  11AM here , it's been "winter mix"ing all morning . When I walked next door half an hour ago , ice was forming on every surface . In a couple hours it will be too slick to walk . !2:30 everything is becoming coated and the temp is still dropping , about 26 now compared to 31.5 when I got up . We hope the dynamic load on the electric power lines doesn't cause any outages . Having "breakfast" for a late lunch . Biscuits , home made pepper gravy , and cayenne/brown sugar baked bacon . Meanwhile , at 2PM , the precipitation has changed to mostly sleet with flurries mixed in . I hope we don't get any more freezing rain . We can survive an electrical outage but I'd really rather not have one . I kind of enjoy being trapped at home occasionally , when it's warm inside and cold outside . As long as we have lights , heat , internet , and food , I'm all good . At 3:30 I just shoveled the back walk and the thermometer reads 26 , and my rain gauge has a 1/4 in. of sleet in it . At 5:30 almost completely snow , streets in town are treacherous even after plowing and cinder spreading . Our friends went to the store when she got off at 4 so they very kindly picked up a few items for us , saving us a trip so thank you J and J . I am looking forward to an uneventful evening , but just in case I will publish this now , go fix supper , and maybe post further later tonite . God bless and be cautious if you must venture out .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .