Wednesday, November 27, 2013

  Spent most of the day taking it easy , some light housework and a late lunch . My wife made little smokies sausages wrapped in bacon , marinated overnight in pineapple juice and brown sugar then baked . We call them "puppy peters " , a carryover from my biker days . We make them as a holiday appetizer/snack a few times a year . Tomorrow we will collaborate on a traditional Thanksgiving meal , minus the cranberries . Speaking of Thanksgiving , I am thankful every day , but I will list a few things here in keeping with the theme of the day . And also note that tomorrow I am taking holiday from the blogosphere to spend the day with my loved ones and unwind .
  Firstly , I am thankful for my faith in God and Jesus , which helps make all other things possible . I am thankful to have a large wonderful blended family , a beautiful and loving wife , and amazing children and grandchildren . I am thankful for the blessed life I live , and for all the great modern conveniences that make it possible and comfortable . I am thankful my parents , both still living , imbued in me confidence , conscience , and common sense . I am thankful to live in this huge beautiful country , where God demonstrated his glory in landscape , flora , and fauna . Lastly , but certainly not least , I am thankful for this opportunity to share some of my thoughts and concerns with you , my fair readers , for whom I am also thankful .
  And so , thank you , Happy Holidays , good night and God bless you all .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .