Monday, November 11, 2013

  As promised , I have returned to post a second time today . We went to Golden Corral where I took advantage of a free meal , 3 plates worth . When we left there we went to Little Caesar's where I bought a small pepperoni pie to have for lunch tomorrow , and a free order of crazy bread . If the young veteran behind the counter knew me better , he might call it psycho bread . It was sad that he couldn't take advantage of all the free meals today , because he is at work , hustling $6 pizzas . Then , as we had no urgent activities awaiting us , we stopped to see my cousin , who is a fellow veteran , and his mother . We try to visit family at every opportunity , because you never know when it might be the last available chance .
  So , on the trip home I encountered several reasons for a minor rant . Why is it so difficult to dim your headlights , especially in misty rain ? Are these people arrogant or just oblivious ? If it's the first , I don't feel bad at all high-beaming you back . Go suck one , azzhole . If it's obliviousness , you don't have any business operating a motor vehicle , at all . Then there are the "driving lights" that people leave on at all times , they are ubiquitous on newer vehicles . They are usually aimed not to add to your driving view , but are perfect for blinding oncoming drivers . Maybe their owners just don't care , or maybe they're not smart enough to find the switch to turn them off . Either way , as I grow older , my night vision becomes less effective , and these arrogant dumbasses are not only endangering other's lives , but their own as well . Basically , this is all about common courtesy to your fellow travelers , and why it is so rare these days . When I learned the rules of decency in driving , well before I was licensed , 42 years ago , things were quite different . Maybe it's the proliferation of cellular telephones , and people are distracted . If that's the case , these folks fall into both of the above categories . Probably no way to avoid it , except stop driving at night . OK , rant over , adios , buenos noches , y viya con Dios .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .