Sunday, November 10, 2013

  Really good day so far , nice outdoors , feeling pretty good , think maybe I'll get something done .As you can tell by now I don't usually supply a timeline for these posts , just put down a little as I go through my day . It's just now getting dark , and I wrote that first line about 4 hours ago . I spent a couple hours in the garage putting things away and straightening up , I hadn't used things in a while but my youngest son had . Made cheeseburgers and fries for supper , think I'm getting my mojo back , slow but sure . Also did some winterizing on the house , sealing up windows and such .All the predictions I have heard are for a rough , cold winter .Hopeful to find work close by so weather doesn't keep me from getting there . Actually , paying work , period , is the first order of business .
  Kampsville , Illinois . My life at that time was fairly uncomplicated , and mostly idyllic . Summer was riding my bike for miles in and around the little town , and hiking the woods behind town and along the river . Winter was sledding the many hills in the area , and playing on river ice as it broke up . I worked occasionally at an auto body shop there , the man who owned it was a member of our church . My Dad bought a 1966 Ford hardtop that had done a slow rollover into a creek , and we rebuilt it at Paul's shop . We also put a custom paint job on my Sears 3 speed bicycle , which was semi-chopped and ridden daily , until it was stolen , and presumably thrown into the river . Of course , by that point in my existence , there were older girls who had access to motor vehicles , which led to more pain than payoff .
  We'll pick up our tale of growing up in rural Illinois at a later point , but for now , be good and be blessed .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .