Sunday, January 19, 2014

  Starting really late again , but hopefully not stopping too short this time . Our older son left for Carlinville or someplace in that area . I always refer to him as "older" because he is our oldest son but our middle child . His brother , who is our youngest son and our youngest child , at 25 , is leaving for Minnesota in the morning , with a stop in Pekin to pick up their operator . Hopefully he will get a good night's sleep as it's about a 13-14 hour trip . As the driver , though , he gets paid for that time . Maybe it will be warmer there this time around .
  I just came to the realization that my memory foam pillow has dementia , and it's getting worse . I have a contour pillow that I use on the back of my desk chair , and after a few months it's about an inch thick . Still , it's better than no pillow at all , and it makes this worn old chair a bit more comfortable .
  For supper we had Ritz Cheddar Chicken , my wife likes to try new recipes to stave off culinary boredom . This had a creamy sauce to pour over the finished chicken , and plated up to be a beautiful presentation , and was quite tasty as well . Canned peas and instant mashed potatoes made it a complete , delicious meal . Having both boys here to eat made it even more pleasant . By the bye , I also found a setting that I didn't know was there , to allow and restrict comments . I hope I now have it set so you readers can comment if you so desire . I know that both my schedule and my style are pretty erratic , but I have every intention of attempting to provide varied commentary on any number of subjects . I also intend to keep inserting "journal entries" and autobiographical stories and memories . These things don't always occur according to our own plans , more truthfully they combine God's will and our own free will , and that is as it should be . The more we trust God's wisdom , and follow the path he sets for us , the easier it becomes to achieve both your goals , and God's . Remember always to treat others as you would wish to be treated , and God sees , and lightens your own burdens . So , my friends , I conclude today's lesson , and wish you all you need , and to be treated well , and to find inner peace as one of the greatest of God's earthly blessings . Good night , and sleep the sleep of the righteous .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .