Monday, January 6, 2014

  I fell asleep this morning before the snow started , but start it did , got up around 10 to find everything covered . Not sure what we have as the wind is vicious so there are bare spots , and drifts as deep as a couple feet . If I have to hazard a guess I would say 4"-6" , and just now , 2PM , the flakes have gotten larger and the wind is swirling in an extreme manner . The temp is now 18 , and the predicted low tonight is minus 8 degrees . Our youngest is in Minnesota , where it is much colder . They are not working today or tomorrow due to the extreme cold . Living where we do it amazes us the people driving around , and we know they're not all going to or from work . Now at 9:30 it has stopped snowing but the wind is still wicked sharp . I took trash out to the tote , first I pushed a foot off the top of the stoop , that drift was close to 3 feet . It was impossible to measure because of drifting , some of my back lawn is bare grass , some is drifted 3 feet or more . I shoveled that stoop and the front porch and walk , wouldn't wager on them staying clear . Other than that I've worked indoors all day , reordering my office space , and digging out towers to scavenge together another computer . It's after midnight once more , so good night , God bless , stay warm .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .