Friday, January 10, 2014

  Long day , ran errands this evening , still trying to get my wife well . We ate at the Chestnut Cafe in Desoto , good food , large portions , very reasonable prices . The rain has started melting the snow , but it is taking a while here . When you cross the line into Jackson County , the residual snow was much less than just a few hundred feet west . I have to assume their initial accumulation was considerably less than ours . I'm just glad this is in liquid state and the air is not too cold . South of the levee the white is nearly gone , but 10 or so miles northwest , I still have 2 foot drifts in my yard , and we don't have any trees to limit exposure .
  So about 4 hours after eating supper , I was feeling a mite peckish . I heated up a leftover baked potato and taco meat , added diced tomatoes and chilies , shredded cheese and sour cream , a tacotater , I suppose . In any case , it was quite good . And now we come to that point in my day where I feel the need to wrap things up . Be excellent to each other , rest well , and praise God . Good night .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .