Saturday, January 18, 2014

  Another decent day , overcast but not too cold . Today it's home made spaghetti for supper , tasty and nutritious . For some reason my browser , Chrome , has become maddeningly slow , so I'm going to save this and attempt some cleaning and repairs and a reboot , maybe things will improve .
  OK , I'm back . I usually do my maintenance every night after I'm done posting and browsing , but we'll see if I've fixed the problem after I work here this afternoon . It's hard to tell right off , but Adobe was whining to update flash on one machine , and reader on the other . Hopefully that's all that was clogging the pipes . So far we have had no problems , a few hours later . Applications receiving updates can be annoying but are necessary to keep everything functioning smoothly . Kind of like humans and social contact , you need to spend a little time catching up on the people in your lives . I know there are people who can live with no human contact , but they are few . A few words , a smile , a touch , just the sharing of company , are the human way of updating our mental and emotional software . This is why I repeatedly tell you , " be good to one another " . You don't have to spend anything to enrich someones day , a smile doesn't even use any of your time , just slip it into whatever interactions you are having . A kind word or a helping hand may cost a few seconds of your time , but the warmth of pleasant communication is priceless . Treat yourself and someone else to a little "good feeling" , by making a point to be pleasant to those around you , as often as you can . It's easy , and best of all it's free .
  Well , I suppose I flatter myself to feel skilled at leading a story into a lesson , but it wasn't really planned , just serendipitous . Regardless , I try to think of my ramblings as lessons , not sermons . I want to enlighten , not to preach . So , let's think of this part of each post as a non-dogmatic benediction , where I tell you so long and wish God's blessings upon you . Good day .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .