Saturday, April 12, 2014

  Trying to get my day moving , just getting started and now have an ocular migraine , which is not a headache unless you try to work while you have it . It is a disruption of vision , usually controlled by closing and resting the eyes . OK , tried that about 10 minutes , now the pattern is in a different area of my vision . This phenomena presents as roughly circular bright "lights" or "spots" , like seeing stars in precisely arranged , technicolor , spinning patterns similar to a kaleidoscope , but not quite as symmetrical in shape . They are triggered , most often , by a sudden bright flash or glare of light . Sometimes , as when this episode started , they are in the center of my vision . Others , like after closing and resting , like now , they are larger but centerless . In the center , they essentially block my functional vision , making it difficult or impossible to perform tasks that require any precision , like reading or driving . When it's just a narrow ring around the perimeter , it's not as bad but can still impair function .
   Well , my eyesight normalized enough to allow me to climb onto the garage roof and make repairs , and organize a few tools . Now I am sweaty and out of breath , but hopefully the patch will last a while . I still need to get the welder out and mow the back grass , but right now I must rest a while . Now it's 4:30 PM , and I'm logging out to go eat . I will be back later to continue today's post .
   And now , it's 8:30 but we've been home a couple hours . We went to our favorite Chinese buffet , [ China Buffet ] , and I had 4 plates for my first meal of the day . I've had a craving for this since our trip to Hokkaido , and it was worth the bloat , and the wait . Back at home I did some more arranging in the garage and eyeballed some other projects , big and small . Now , lacking only a small amount of catching up , I will do just that , after I wish you all a good night and God's blessing .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .