Saturday, April 19, 2014

   OK , spring is finally here , for the most part . It has been another nice day , even though I didn't get much done . I folded laundry , fixed younger son's supper , made a hanger for one of the hummingbird feeders , then filled and hung it . I looked over some other projects I have planned , and started clearing a path to my welder . Mayhaps tomorrow , in between bastings of the ham , I can get my mower repaired . Tonight we are continuing a tradition of watching The Ten Commandments , with Charleton Heston . Tomorrow we will feast on our specially prepared ham with sweet gravy , baked beans , mashed potatoes , green bean casserole and deviled eggs . We've always had ham for Christmas and Easter , and I always say it's to piss off the Jews and Muslims . Actually , I think this may have been the motivation eons ago , to set the Christian celebration apart from those others . Regardless , pork is good in most of its guises , but I do find head cheese absolutely disgusting . The same for snoots and feet , even though I know lots of folks who enjoy all three . Our youngest 2 children will be here , son-in-law , and youngest grandson . My scheduled help didn't show up yesterday or today , so I guess I'll be mowing tomorrow . So , anyway , for now , be kind and compassionate , praise His holy Name , be thankful , and may God bless you and guide your hearts . Good night .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .