Wednesday, April 23, 2014

   Had a pretty good day again , got stuff done , enjoyed the mild weather . The older boy got done early today , and volunteered to mow . I moved the lawn furniture and replaced it as he worked so it didn't take long to finish . I had sprayed weeds the other day , and didn't think they were dying quickly enough , so today I mixed up brush killer and sprayed woody invasives  and re-sprayed some of the weeds . This evening I mixed some rose food and fertilized my perennial ornamentals . I treated myself tonight to a Pepsi , I usually drink coffee or unsweetened iced tea . I'm not diabetic , or even pre- , I just don't usually enjoy that sticky feeling , and sugar is not what I want when I am thirsty . Tomorrow before it rains I think I will hang my other hummingbird feeder . For the other birds , I have a large tin of stale popcorn from Christmas that I scatter a bit from most dry days .
   Our younger son has tickets for the Cardinals game Saturday , which is my 59th birthday . He also has tickets for Sunday , so he offered us Saturday's , even though they are much more expensive . I decided to stay home , the crowds and the walking would be too much I fear . So , my wife is taking our friend , who is a long time fan but has never seen a game " live and in person " . At age 35 she is past due , and I'm sure she will be thrilled at the experience . Now , my dear readers , I leave you with wishes for a good night , and God's blessings .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .