Saturday, April 5, 2014

   Hey , it's 3:30 on Saturday afternoon , and I'm here to whine about my day so far . And now it's after 9 PM and I'm just trying to get started telling you about it . Illinois Healthcare , the state insurance exchange , has been calling , telling us if we don't choose a provider , they'll choose for us . The letters we got last week and the week before say May 13 is the deadline . We've already been through this , and will get the provider numbers next week when we both have appointments , mail in the forms , and still have WEEKS before they are due . This stirs up my mental state , because there is no way to talk to a human , unless it's after you give these corrupt SOBs your social and date of birth . As that's not happening here , there's no way to " contact us " . Except to email the webmaster and bitch about the telephone harassment , which I did . So now I'm no doubt in another career bureaucrat's database as a squeaky wheel , or an enema (enemy) of the state . As I've mentioned before , I'm a liberal Democrat , but Illinois state government is a cesspool of unqualified patronage appointments and arrogant , demented assholes . So , being initially "stirred up " by the telephone call for the second day in a row , a Saturday no less , the combination of family obligations and a neighbor asking to borrow a tool to complete a project beneficial to us both , the whirlwind outside my mind rubbed against the one inside , and I try to avoid taking the ballistic antihistamine unless it's getting really bad . Wow , is that a preposterous run-on sentence or what ? Anyhow , I spent a few minutes visiting with younger son and his friend , then put things away when the neighbor finished . By that time I had installed an herbal decompression mechanism on the internal whirlwind , and was able to normalize and recover , and send that bitchy email .
   So now I've caught up with some of my newspaper reading , had deli fried chicken and bacon jalepeno potato skins and mac and cheese for supper . Gonna go up soon and find more to eat , which will actually only be my second meal today , and I need to maintain my rotundity . Yes , spell check says that is a word , and it's correctly spelled . It means roundness , basically , and is sarcasm , as I weigh 100 pounds more than I did in high school , and could stand to lose about 70 of those . Anyway , take a breath , count to 10 then count your blessings , put on an honest smile , and follow that good old Golden Rule . God bless you all , and good night .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .