Saturday, April 26, 2014

   Happy Birthday to Me ! Today is my 59th birthday , and it's my 225th post on this blog . It's after 3 now but I've been up since 7:30 . I did the pre-flight on my wife's car so she and our friend could go to the Cardinals' game . I have the game on in 2 places so I can try to spot them above the outfield , only 12 rows up . They are good seats if you hope to catch a home run ball . Of course , that may be the only reason the camera is directed there from less than a hundred yard perspective . Our younger son bought these tickets then learned he has to work tonight . He bought tickets for tomorrow , and gave today's to us . I didn't feel I could endure 3 or 4 hours of being mostly on my feet , or tolerate being in a crowd of 40 thousand , no matter how well I'm medicated . Our friend is a long time loyal fan , so my wife invited her to share the exposition today , as she hadn't been to a game , at least in this park . Today was Yadier Molina alternate jersey day , the first 25,000 fans over 18 got a jersey , which made today's tickets 3 times the price of tomorrow's , but we hope it makes a memorable day for our friend . Any way , our son gifted them , and their use was a necessity , thank you son , it is a wonderful gift . In the bottom of the seventh inning it is 4 to 1 in favor of the Pitodor Pirates . Tonight is also our oldest granddaughter's first prom , as you can guess she is thoroughly excited and her mother is a nervous wreck . And by the time Nana rides the Redbird Express back to the car , and they stop to eat , it will be after 9 before they get home . And at 10 after 6 , our beloved Cardinals suffer a 6-1 loss to the Pittsburgh PieRats . I'd bet the girls were headed to the bus well before that . Too bad they didn't get to see their team win .
   I've been debating sharing today's post to my Facebook timeline , and including acknowledgment of all those who sent me birthday wishes . I don't think I will , I think I will just write a short status instead . So far I've had over 40 birthday messages , all from people I appreciate hearing from . I've tried to respond to each personally , as in an acknowledgement specifically to each person . So , now , at 7 PM , I am calling this post complete , and relaxing 'til my wife gets home . Good evening , and God bless you all , and thank you for taking the time to read .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .