Friday, March 14, 2014

   64 degrees and windy ; empty plastic grocery bags blowing all over the neighborhood , had to extricate one from one of my roses . I like re-using these bags , especially as rubbish bags , but I don't think the convenience is worth the environmental costs . Not to mention the aesthetics of white , tan , or grey "laziness flags" everywhere , fluttering in the breeze or roaring in the gale . And they are hazardous to terrestrial and aquatic wildlife . They require petroleum to make . Paper bags attract cockroaches and require wood pulp , even the "recycled" ones . I have several "green" , reusable shopping bags , and we try to remember to use them . Sometimes this happens , more often not . I think if nothing else were available we would remember , or learn how to juggle . Maybe (hope not) some day we will see reusable bags blowing about the 'hood . At least they're heavier and can't float away as easily .
   My son's friend fried catfish this evening , and brought me a plate . Excellent stuff , thank you , M . Earlier the boys were out front and saw a fox , as in vulpes , not human , running down the highway . We live 15 feet from the state highway , 200 from one of the busiest intersections in town . 200 feet behind us is several hundred feet of wooded ravine , so wildlife passing near the house is fairly common . I have seen deer , coyote , raccoon , opossum , not to mention the feral and stray housecats . The cats have become fewer since there is no longer a communal dumpster behind the abandoned apartment building next door .
   I am turning over some subjects in my mind for this week's lesson , hopefully they will jell into a cohesive sermon . In the meantime , be good to one another , don't judge , and praise Jesus . Good day , God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .