Monday, May 19, 2014

   Not too bad today , a little cool this morning . At 8 AM IDOT was out front , cutting out the apron to our side street . Don't know their plans but they left the open hole not long after lunch . 40 feet further east is a real pothole , maybe they'll cut that out tomorrow . This morning was a typical state project , 2 dump trucks , backhoe , and 4 or 5 guys standing around going " Yup , that's a hole " while 1 or 2 actually did some work . I didn't do much today , folded laundry , worked on my herbicide sprayer , sprayed dandelions and broad leaf weeds in the yard , and took a few photos . My next step is to treat the lawn for grubs , in hopes of discouraging the moles and voles that tear up the sod every fall . I still need to build a planter for some herbs , and maybe strawberries . Then maybe I can do my big "art" project , and use some of my mental breezes to create something less mundane than I usually make .
   My new down-the-hill neighbor came to the door earlier asking if I had a flashlight , as there was a snake outside their door . He even said "python" , so I grabbed a light and went back with him . The snake had gone to hide under the porch , but once she had the torch his wife went after it and chased it out . A black snake about 2 or 3 feet long , no big deal where I come from . We always just let them go if we ran across them , they eat mice and other vermin and aren't very aggressive unless provoked . They are a young couple with a child , so they were a little freaked at first . Don't worry , it will all be good .
   So again we come to the tail end of today's entry , where I tell you all good night , be kind , pay it forward , and God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .