Wednesday, May 28, 2014

   Kind of a dreary rainy day , it's rained at least 3 times . High in the 80s , lows in the 60s , I leave the windows closed during the day and at night turn on the attic fan , and open enough windows to cool down the whole house . This saves on the Ameren bill , but in a few weeks we'll have to use the A/C . Today I only went out to get the mail , and took some leftovers next door for a disabled friend , as the end of the month is always tough for those on fixed incomes . If you know someone who is living on Social Security , disability , or SSI , check on them towards the last week or so of the month . Take or give them a meal or three , some special snacks or desserts , maybe cash if you are able and it wouldn't embarrass them . Most will be thrilled if they are approached in a gracious way . And remember , sharing or lending a hand is not charity , but manna for your own soul .
   I'm really trying to get to bed early , if I can sleep . Yesterday my knees ached so badly I didn't get to sleep until about 6 AM . I got up before noon , and am hoping I am tired enough to drift off after my prayers . I am going to share this post to Facebook , in hopes of increasing my readership . So now it's time to tell you all good night , and God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .