Sunday, May 25, 2014

   Changing front tires on my wife's car , another story of an answered prayer . I put my knee appliances on this morning , had to come in to take them off . They provide support but are very uncomfortable .
   About the answered prayers , this is just recent , yesterday , and obvious . Our car has needed front tires for a while , and over the past couple weeks have been showing cracks and belt wires . She had prayed about it and yesterday on one of the Facebook buy and sell sites she found 4 matched Michelin tires , in the exact size , excellent shape , $25 each . They even delivered them next door , at no extra charge . We only need 2 right now , but it will be nice to have backups . This is the sort of serendipitous answer to a prayer that we often write off to luck or skill , or just ignore , that our God delivers every minute , of every day . I have been seeing this more and more around here , and we are truly thankful that He sees our needs and provides for them .
   So I changed 2 tires , both pretty easy considering I do them the old fashioned , poor man's way , 2 pry bars and a large hammer . I do have a bead breaker I built about 10 years ago , the rest is just muscle and leverage . Our youngest son helped with the second one , I was still sweaty and worn out when we finished . Came inside , cooled off , and had a bowl of rainbow sherbet , which is a delicious cool-down in itself .
   This past Monday morning after the state crew closed our side street , I found our trash tote hadn't been emptied . There was a time , even in the past few weeks , when they picked up about 4:30 AM , which would have beaten the road crew by at least a couple hours . Since the state guys haven't been back since Tuesday , and won't be until this Tuesday at the earliest . This leads me to believe my garbage won't be removed this week , either . Oh well , we'll just have to work around it .
   I know this little bit of lucidity doesn't make up for all the times I produce no content for you , but I hope it helps . So once again , I leave you with hope for a good night and God's bountiful blessings .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .