Tuesday, February 4, 2014

   Snow started around noon and has steadily picked up . Took our male friend home after his shift , and parked the work car off the snow routes . At 1:30 his s.o. closed early so I took her home also , as the flakes continue to grow larger . Now at 1:45 I am in for the duration of this weather event , and will stay in my warm house and watch the snow remove the detail from the landscape .
 

 

These two photos were taken about 3PM , they dismissed school at 2:30 , even though the snow started much earlier , and accumulations of 6-8 inches are predicted . 
Measured earlier , looked like 4 inches give or take , but the wind really blows it around . At 8:30 it is still snowing , hopefully it tapers off soon . The flakes are really quite fine , and the snow on the ground has a sheen of ice on the top . Some forecasters say it may not finish until 6AM , I don't care , all the family is in , safe , and well . So in the interest of finally getting some uninterrupted rest , I wish you all a pleasant good night , and God's blessings in your lives .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .