Tuesday, February 18, 2014

   Back again , and I have a topic for today's lesson : victim-ism . One of those things that irritate me is the large number of people who see themselves as victims . Not actual victims , naturally , but the constantly butt-hurt folks who feel they are special . I'm sure you know some of these , the ones for whom nothing is ever their fault . Those who , when criticized , whine because they've been "attacked" , no matter how justified the criticism might be . Many of today's politicians fall into this category , hoping by obfuscation to misdirect the public's attention , rather than accept the blame they are due .Criminals are another group with a high percentage of  delusional self-victimizing baboons . Actually , these might be the same group much of the time . There are numerous examples of this daily , especially those who gun down defenseless folks and claim they were "standing their ground" , and felt "threatened" . I'm going to leave this here , as I am getting a little worked up , and I can't claim to be a victim of anything but my own personal values and observations .
   On the more mundane part of my "journalizing" or whatever this is , my primary doctor today said my blood work and urinalysis says everything is under control , good for another 6 months , and I can increase the anti-depressant which helps control my anger impulses . Being a pragmatist , I sha'n't increase the dose until I have the product in hand . On the ministerial front , I checked at the county clerk's office in Jackson County , and learned there is no restriction on wedding officiants , the town drunk is just as qualified to conduct your wedding as the Pope of the Catholic Church . In Randolph County , a little online research determined you must be an ordained minister , recognized religious leader , a judge or court officer . I plan to check tomorrow to see if there is a fee to register . So , now I bid you all good night , and may God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .