Friday, February 7, 2014

   I haven't forgotten that I said I'd be here today , and I am . It's 10PM as I start this post , but I had a pretty good day all in all . I got out and shoveled the walks and the front porch , and did the laundry . Our friends got their tax refund and invited us out to dinner . I had a reuben and sweet potato fries , their daughter had grilled chicken , and the other 3 all had steak . A delicious meal and company , a delightful way to spend a weekday evening . I have been working on various desktop computers lately , salvaging photographs , and trying to build a frankenstein junior to use for some of my work and play here . Right now I'm writing on frankenstein 1 , as I have my main in use on another project , and in the interest of a quality product I don't multitask important jobs . Today was cold , a high of 12 , and at 9:30PM it was 5 on the front porch . But this morning our son posted a temp of -15 , and a wind chill of -34 , so it's not so bad here . I know many people are ready for warmer weather , but 40 years ago winters like this were the norm . Well , between switching machines twice and catching up on some other chores , it is suddenly past 1:30AM , I am still tired , and I'm leaving you for the night . Take care , good night , God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .