Wednesday, June 18, 2014

   Another day , another step in the self-improvement quest . I spent about an hour with a mental health professional , a psychiatrist . We are increasing my Zoloft to the maximum recommended dosage , and scheduled follow-up visits a few weeks down the road . Between now and then , I will see if any improvement occurs in my mood and temperament , so we can determine the next step in my treatment . I can communicate with this woman , she doesn't talk down to me , and I anticipate successful treatment with her in charge . I gave her the url for this blog , maybe she'll visit one day .
   Our friends outside town , real self-sufficient country folk , smoke meat a couple times a month , an all day process . Today they sent me some ribs and sliced brisket , so tasty and juicy no sauce needed to be used . In return I printed them an iron-on transfer of a picture of their pet goat . And no I don't care for goat meat , not even smoked , but I don't think I need to worry in this instance . I did have a Filipino friend whose go-to bbq meat was goat . Way too greasy for me to enjoy , but this was how he displayed his hospitality .
   You should know by now that my lesson for you all today is Love Thy Neighbor . This is basically the largest part of the Golden Rule , treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated . I can't stress to you enough how important this is to the moral and spiritual well-being of yourself as well as those you come into contact with . And in the chaotic and hateful real world we so often find ourselves in , a friendly smile and a kind word can lift the recipient's spirits , and your own , too . So now I leave you with my daily wish for you all to be happy , healthy , and blessed by a loving God .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .