Thursday, June 19, 2014

     Again a decent day , just no energy . I'm a bit earlier than usual , but not sure if that will help me produce . My guess would be not , as right now it's 9:30 PM , 3 hours after that first 2 sentences , and I still don't have any material for my public clown show . Out there in the real world , there are a LOT of right wing political flim-flam folks , spewing lies and idiocy . I have always considered myself a conservative Democrat , pretty much a centrist in days gone by . Now , the tea party has shifted the whole of the spectrum so far to the right as to be off the scale in that direction . This means my own political leanings have stayed nearly the same , so as the scale twists to the right , my own spot on said scale veers further toward the left . Because of this shift in beliefs in both parties , I have decided to give myself the title of Common Sense Progressive . Wow , that escalated quickly , from nothing to say to redesigning my my political profile in minutes flat . When you enter politics , most times you have some higher goal in mind than acquiring  wealth and power . Along the way , you learn what greedy bastards some people can be , and become . At some point in time , when you compromise your ideals to further your personal agenda , corruption is just a short trip down a slippery slope . The higher the position , the bigger the opportunities for unethical behavior . In actual practice , there are still a majority of people who are honest , upright , and moral . However , the bad apples can indeed taint the whole barrel , if the good ones don't stand up for themselves . I sort of know whereof  I speak , as I have been a small town official , both elected and appointed . I spent 6 years off and on as a Village Trustee , a non-partisan position , and several as assistant Chief on the fire department . One year another trustee , not up for election that year , went door to door telling sure voters stories about me cut from whole cloth , because I wouldn't allow him to bully me . Some folks are just petty , I guess , and don't like to have their power limited . And when you decide to lie to enhance your own position , you lose any chance of maintaining the moral high ground . This is one of those "triggers" that set me off , the bald-faced lies . Especially when they are used to take away from those who have little to start with .
   So now , I don't aspire to any office that requires political skills , even though I have some . I have to get and keep my own life in order , and have no desire to order others . Now that I've vented a little , and produced a little , I will wish you good night , and God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .