Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Another day of indolence , haven't been outdoors except to get the mail .  I found the beginning of the post I started , now I know where they go . " Drafts " , imagine that . I was trying just now to add a google maps satellite photo to illustrate where I lived from 2 or 3 , until I was about 10 .Couldn't get it to work , I will try some work-arounds later . We lived in the country outside West Union , IL , in " the old Crow School " which was once a two room schoolhouse . It had a huge stoker coal furnace in the basement , a full width concrete front porch , two wells with hand pumps , and large park-like grounds . It sat at the corner of two county roads , about 5 miles or so from the Wabash River , which is the Indiana-Illinois state border . As an infant , we lived a few miles south , a village named West York , up the hill from Old York which is right against said river . I was too young to have much memory of that house , but I remember the pitcher pump on the galvanized steel counter top in the kitchen . In those days , many older and smaller homes had outhouses , I'm pretty positive this one did .  An aunt of my father lived across the street from us there , in a house that was palatial in comparison . A few miles on south , my Mother's family lived in Hutsonville , a town on the river , with a bridge to the IN side . Now , back to the old school house , where I became "aware" , and where most of my earliest memories reside . By the time we moved there , indoor plumbing had been added , with an electric well pump and a septic tank out back . This rendered the "Boys" and "Girls" privies obsolete , so in the first few years we were there , my Dad demolished and burned them , and my Mother and I planted marigolds on the site .
  As you may be able to tell , nothing has me stirred up enough to excite me to commentary , which my mental health care providers would consider a good thing , not to mention my cardiologist . I still intend to post daily , I can usually find some kind of story to tell , and I'm quite enamored of talking about my own exceptional personage , so I should have no trouble typing a few lines each day  . With the hope of entertaining both all of you , and myself , I will be back here tomorrow , barring the unforeseen . In the meantime , this recurring theme : Be kind to each other , make the best of what you have , love God , be healthy and happy . RP , out !

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .