Sunday, September 22, 2013

Another beautiful Sunday here in the valley , looking like fall but sure doesn't feel like it . I don't have anything in particular stirring my mind today , so I'll just repeat some basic platitudes .
 Firstly , do we really need all the hatred in the world today ? To my mind , hate is a wasteful and unproductive emotion . I admit it can have a place , at times , but it should never become the prominent feeling in your emotional repertoire . I'm certainly not saying you should not hate , but that you should reserve it for the truly deserving . To hate as a matter of course is a waste of your time , and a destructive force on your spirit . " Spirit " is a term I will use regularly in this blog , because I think it is the most important part of your , and my , person . It is a determining factor in your karma , fate , destiny . By spirit I mean your essence , your soul , your "self" . Hate distracts you from more important things , and blinds the part of you that leads you to progress and improve your inner person . I can't give specific instruction on eliminating hate from your life , but I can tell you how I deal with it . First and most important is to avoid negativity in all it's forms . Negative people can be real influences on your thoughts and emotions especially if you can't limit your exposure . This is probably one of the reasons I don't go out much , except to familiar places with familiar people . So what am I leading towards here ? I just don't understand how intelligent , educated men and women can vote to deny food assistance to millions of people . Politics shouldn't enter into this issue , but rather one's own moral fiber . I am assuming you must hate these folks who you know only as faceless numbers . Please help me to understand how you claim to be God-fearing  Christians , but gleefully sentence millions of the most needful human beings to go hungry . When you look at your loved ones , do you even think about those unlucky enough to face your cruelty ? Do you see little boys and elderly women and military veterans and disabled suffering because your greed demands that you pay less in taxes while helping yourself to all the benefits you can lay hands to ? Do you sleep well at night , knowing you are responsible for other's pain , or is guilt even in your heart at all .
 Sorry , folks , sometimes once I get started thinking about right , wrong and indifference , I get a little wound up . This is not good for my physical being , so I bid you farewell for now . Be assured I shall return , too soon for some of you . Peace and God bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .