Sunday, July 27, 2014

   Well , here I am , after a dizzying week of minor and major events . Don't take that to mean I'll be here every day , but I will check in from time to time . My wife had 4 Dr. appointments this week , and we went to Carbondale on an empty day to catch a sale . The younger son called from the bar about 10:30 PM Friday , to contact our friend , whose father had fallen and hit his head , and was unconscious for 10 or 15 minutes . He rode with him in the ambulance while I picked up the friend and drove her to the local ER . The personnel there packaged him up and sent him by helicopter to St. Louis . His daughter and I went to our respective homes and dressed for travel . We got to the hospital at 4:00 AM , and he was in surgery  , but was out and in ICU by maybe 5 . We , my wife and me , stayed with her until her sister and other family arrived . Today he is doing remarkably well , they have the ventilator and the shunt out , and should have him in a regular room soon . We got home just before 1 PM Saturday , and the daughter is on her way home , with her daughter as I write this at 8 PM Sunday . Here , I would like to thank our loving God , for having someone there to make sure he got help , the ambulance crew who got him safely to Chester Memorial hospital , the Professionals at the ER there who got him ready to travel , the Pilot and flight Medics who got him to Barnes Jewish hospital , the Surgeons , Doctors , Nurses and People who operated right away , and Family Members who came to be with him on very short notice , and God again for bringing him through this terrifying experience alive and lucid , and all those Folks who prayed for his recovery . Man , that was a whopper of a sentence , wasn't it ? We will continue to pray for his quick and complete recovery , as well as peaceful minds for him and his family .
   Now , having witnessed to you a first-person story of God's Grace and Mercy , I am logging out for today , to catch up chores and get some rest . Be good to one another and may God richly bless you all .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .