Tuesday, August 19, 2014

   Well , my friends , it's another day our gracious Lord has bestowed on us . The sun is shining , it's hot , and most of the U.S. is peaceful and generally quiet . Not so in Ferguson , Mo. , even though it might appear to be . There , the thugs and the angry young men of color are planning tonight's confrontations , and a new player is taking the field . The Missouri National Guard has been called in to try to control the tense situation there . What does this mean for the citizens of Ferguson ? Basically , it means the rioters are winning , and most others are inconvenienced , at the very least . And when I say rioters , I mean the masked bandits , the outside agitators , and the few locals with no ambitions and no regard for the property and lives of their neighbors . St. Louis , and it's large metropolitan area , has a long , long history of racial segregation . In 1990 , Ferguson was two thirds white , and one third black . By 2010 , those numbers had flipped as blacks moved in and whites moved out , to two thirds black and one third white . Despite this , today Ferguson's Mayor is a young , white Republican , 5 of 6 Councilpersons are white , and 50 of the police force of 53 are white . The reasons for this are a bit difficult to understand , but have a LOT to do with off-year elections and voter turnout . I have been studying the racial and political trends and stats for a few days now , and I don't have any real answers yet for a solution to this rip in the fabric of St. Louis and suburbs . Anyway , I have a very busy few days ahead dealing with health issues , massive fatigue has set in tonight , and I'm tired of staring at my PC screen . So for the present , I wish you all a good night , good health , and God's blessings . I will return to this as time permits , and thank you all for your interest in my ramblings .

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment on my posts .